Why dust control?
With the cost of maintaining gravel or dirt roads and air pollution concerns, many Federal, State, County, City agencies, along with private Industries have been forced to look for alternative means. Many site such as rodeo arenas, baseball fields, parks, construction sites, constantly receive complaints about dust pollution, contamination, respiratory aggravation, and are prime candidates for Roadwise dust control.
Our MgCl2 assists with:
- Improved visibility, reducing the chance of accidents
- Reduces chance of injury from flying stones and loose gravel around a work site
- Provides cleaner air, cleaner vehicles, and cleaner homes
- Promotes better health and fewer complaints
What is it?
Magnesium chloride or MgCl2, is a liquid compound produced from naturally-occurring minerals in the Great Salt Lake. Dust control with MgCl2 provides a smooth, firm driving surface which increases productivity, decreases fuel consumption, and saves time.
Increased efficiency by:
- Reducing the need for blading, watering, and gravel replacement.
- Reduces vehicle maintenance costs by lowering the levels of dust that clogs filters, bearings, and machinery.
- Prevents costly soil erosion caused by destructive wind conditions.
- Reduced the cost of cleaning vehicles, equipment, property, vegetation, and living sites.
- Reduces replacement expenses of windshields by controlling gravel spray in business yard locations.
How we do it.
Roadwise uses an environmentally-friendly Magnesium Chloride-based liquid mixture that attracts moisture to the road surface and resists evaporation. This creates a compact, smooth road surface that is free of dust.
A single application of liquid magnesium chloride lasts for months, and will rid you of the problems associated with:
- Dust contamination to nearby crops
- PM 10 pollution
- Clogged filters, bearings, and other vehicle machinery
- Injury from flying stones and loose gravel
- Impaired vision due to kicked-up dust
- Breathing and allergy problems
- One application normally lasts the season. No more costs associated with watering or blading the ground, or replacing gravel.